Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry Christmas to us!

Above: Move over Napolean, here comes Travis. The beginning 30 seconds shows his best moves. He is dancing to a song we call "Ben's favorite song" because it was played to them by my friend Jess' son.

Pics for the kindergartners!!!

This is how weird Eva's sickness was. This was Friday morning in this short window of time when she felt absolutely perfect and played outside and watched the garbage truck with Travis. I didn't get any pictures of how bad she looked. She was bright red and puffy all over and hotter than hot and just miserable.


Still playing horsies and watching her garden grow.

Eva looked like an ADD kid when we got home... just bouncing off the walls. She had set up a running track of blankets on the tile floor that she was going to run on and then jump on the bed and bounce onto Travis' bed (a matress on the floor so he can be close to Eva.) I had been at the hospital enough for a weekend, so we created her this "gym" instead to get some of her energy out. Every time I leave a kid in a room I think "am I going to have to go to the hospital or the ER again? Please no!"

The lady who owned the horse, Gloria, feels just so bad for Eva. I want her to know that Eva is doing terrific now that we switched medicines and LOVES the ice cream playdough maker that she sent her.

Eva doing homework. I even made her hot chocolate to drink while she did homework and she still said that Miss Geiselhart is a much better teacher than I am.






UPDATE:

Eva is doing much better. Looks completely normal. And, the one good thing to come out of all this is that we had to switch meds and only have to do ONE medicine 2x/day!!!!! It's just so easy!!!! 5pm and 5am and it only takes 30 minutes and there's no pump and priming tubes and pushing every 30 seconds. Love it! 2 more weeks to go. I think I'll survive! We also just realize how lucky we are after hanging out at a children's hospital. I just couldn't wait to leave because I felt so bad for the other parents as my kid is skipping in the halls. There was a set of grandparents that slept in the family room the entire time we were there until their 2 month old grandson died on Monday morning. Very sad stuff. Eva and I said lots of prayers for all those crying babies we heard.




















No comments: