Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Eva doing better

So, there is only one baby that could handle being ignored as much as he's been ignored: Lukey. He just sits around and eats markers and pulls bulbs off the Christmas tree. There was also a planned gradual weaning for Lukey after Thanksgiving, it just happened very abruptly. So, he's pretty mad about that, but takes his sweet ol' time morning and night.


Eva and mommy doing the meds. How sweet is she? The meds take 1.5 hours at 6am, noon, 6pm and midnight. (Hence the no sleeping) Did I mention how I never thought I'd be using the blog that Sue taught me to use for anything but fun, family pictures? How wrong was I!


Although she looks so good, we still really can't have visitors. Of course, she really wants some certain neighbor girls to come do arts and crafts with her..... and her best friend came and visited..... and she wants her teacher to come (she's actually counting the days!). But, her doctor had said NO VISITORS. If I get sick, I can't do the meds. I was ready to go back to work for a few hours a day after Chris got home and then I realized if I get sick, we are SOL. Eva obviously can't get sick. The meds take so long and sleep really isn't happening, so visitors just aren't an option until after that doctor visit. Sorry if I don't answer phone calls. We were taken to a hospital OUTSIDE of our network, so it's been non-stop phone calls regarding that situation.

Everyone has been so great and so supportive. Thank you, thank you. All the phone calls and e-mails just make us feel so cared for. They really mean more than you could know. Eva has enough to do to get her through months of staying home! Grandma Tree has been great and stayed with us Sunday-Tuesday and using her vacation days, so we really appreciate that as well. We really won't know anything new until Monday after the Dr. visit.

Eva is very "grown-up" right now. It's a little weird and I miss my 5 year old. I kind of realize that it's from the medication thing. She is very helpful and telling me when to clamp and when to flush, etc, etc. I'm hoping when we're done with all this, silly, goofy, ridiculous Eva will come back because this serious Eva is just kind of....sad.

Eva decorated the tree yesterday...with her left hand and apparently in one spot?

Travis and Grandma Tree decorated the house for Eva when she came home.


When Chris walked in the house on Friday night to get us some stuff, this is what Eva had been playing before we left for Thanksgiving: an entire table of horses.





Eva probably hasn't had us stare at her this much since she was an itt-bitty infant sleeping. She just kept saying "that's OK, I don't mind."





Coloring and looking better.







Very sad and bummed and hurting after the PICC line placement.







So sad after that PICC line with dad.








Uncle Nolan brought his dog and threw the ball for him outside so Eva could watch. She liked it lots.









This is how Eva spent most of the time in the hospital because she couldn't lay on her right side because her bump hurt.





On Saturday night, Travis came to visit. Eva was starting to get her funny back and being silly. Travis had once told me that I should make a sign on his door that said "Welcome Travis Hanson. From Bossy Eva." Eva thought it'd be funny if she wrote that on her board.






This is her crazy, bloody hair. I debated putting the stapled head and the bloody coat on the blog, but I thought kids might want to look at it and that's a little scary.











Although I have my moments, I'm pretty much to the grateful point of this whole ordeal. It's a nice place to be getting to in this mental roller coaster. I'm a very, very ,very lucky mommy/ wife/ daughter/ sister/ friend/ co-worker to have such wonderful people around me. I'm very grateful for my family and I am truly blessed......no matter how accident prone we are.














No comments: