Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Spring/June 2018

 Meet your newest Dairy Queen-on-52nd employee!  15 year old Eva K Hanson!

Ellisyn and Travis visiting our favorite DQ employee. 
A nearby, quick bike-ride away!

Fishing trip break at Graham's Island on Devils Lake.  Halle (invisible) and Luke (10) in the hammocks.  


#nannymom    Things we do to kill time.  

Getting trucks to honk at us.  

Poppin' tags at the thrift store.  $4 rollerblades.  


#nannymom


#nannymom

 summer siblings
 Oh, how I hate crafts.  Oh, how they love them.  
 I'll give you 300 snowcone stands in exchange for one craft.  

The Quams visited for Memorial Weekend.  
Erika and Ginger, 
Marie, Kendall and Kirby

Cheers to summer!  Memorial weekend.  

And cheers to the new Green Egg that Chris Hanson purchased.  Cheers to Erika cooking WAY less until the new-egg smell wears off.  
Chris made brisket for Memorial Weekend.  I really don't remember him ever waking up with a Hanson-baby in the middle of the night?  Sleeping in a sick baby's room?  Definitely not.  But sleeping on the patio outside with the mosquitoes to monitor the temperature of his brisket?  You got it.  


We had the Bevils over for Green Egg food.  She complimented me on my perennials.  I laughed and said 'which side of the house do you think I planned and which side Chuck planned?'

These are what your eggs might look like if you support local farmers.  Thanks Chase Nelson for our fun, farm-fresh eggs!


What could make 4 siblings sit on the same couch and laugh together:  The classroom books that their fantastic teachers create.  I can't imagine how much work goes into these books!?!?!  Well worth it for a never-before-seen photograph I'd say.  


 Uh-oh.  The Easter bunny was tricky on April Fool's day....
 Eva and Kaitlyn attempted tennis this year.  Much fun was had!

 This, my favoritest lamp ever, made it 10 years with Luke.  The lamp finally met its demise when Luke wanted to, not even shoot because that's not allowed, DROP Nerf gun bullets in a sibling-ambush as they ascended the stairs.  He became tangled in the cord.  And siblings were not even present; this was target practice.  I had him pay me for the broken lamp.  He reminded me that he had already paid for the giant crack that Chris had previously super-glued....double payment.  Sorry not-sorry.  

Another great Luke-moment of the spring was when he pulled this out of the piano bag.  WHY!?!?!  Well you see.  The alterations place is next door to piano lessons.  And this sports bra was an expensive one and just needed a minor repair.  So I dropped off the kids at piano, but forgot about the sports bra that needed to be dropped off and out it came with the books.  
 Football on the couch all day doesn't appear to count as screen time?  Neither does history as Megan Markle weds Prince Harry.  


 I don't craft or project very well.  I clean and organize.  But this is a project Chris and I completed together and I love it.  



Ginger and I took an online course about well-being.  This course included a quiz about our character strengths, 1-24.  #24 for myself was bravery.  Clearly I'm brave about being in public in terrible outfits without make-up on or my hair combed.  But taking risks is NOT in my wheelhouse.  So I decided to branch out and try a Neighborhood Chalk Party.  It was very fun!

Our very nice neighbors offered for us to use their driveways for the Chalk Party.  Three different sets of neighbors for 3 different Hanson-kids who didn't get to use our own driveway.  I didn't even know which kid was going to which driveway or what they were going to draw.  But somehow, the NDSU-drawing kid ended up in the UND-fan's driveway.  Sorry Karniks!


Eva won third place in the people's choice voting.  



 Travis drew a big iPod.  
And Travis was not letting go of the birthday party quite yet at age 13.  



No comments: