Friday, May 19, 2017

Jan-May 2017 Chuck's 40th

More 40th Birthday parties!  Sue didn't even set a resolution to be a better wife, yet she organized a camping trip for Chuck for his 40th and planned all the amazing food we ate.  


And Chris helped her cook some of it to get out of additional hiking.  



The hiking was fantastic.  As is my gender-neutral hiking attire?


Chuck ENTHUSIASTICALLY in a tree.  



Right before we left for said-camping trip, we picked up our new puppy.  It was the first possible day she could "leave the nest" and the kids couldn't wait any longer. Luckily, Tree and Gerry are dog-experts.  Meet Luna MoonWolf.  
She is a native of the Standing Rock reservation,
 adopted through 4 Luv of Dog Rescue.  Hilary and her family fostered a great batch of 9 pups!  We actually found out that Hilary lives 2 blocks from us and birthed the puppies there.  Hilary's kids, who helped bottle-feed the pups after the mother moved to a less-stressful environment when the pups were 2 1/2 weeks old, go to school and ride the bus with Marie and Luke.  They'll be able to watch Luna Moonwolf grow up!  







Baby puppies sleep a lot, in weird positions.  




Thank you to Aimee and Angie for writing a letter of recommendation for us to get Luna.  I guess our geriatric, 3-legged dog that we were sticking with made-up for the fact that we don't have a fenced-in yard?  


Puppies need lots of attention.  Constant.  The kids have come up with some clever ways to do things they want AND hang out with her.  



Cute puppy.  Cute baby cousin.  Cute girl whose smile is gargantuan with all the cuteness.  



After the Tarheels lost in the NCAA Championship the year prior, they won this year.  I think Baby Marshall was good luck.  
 Nolan says; "Fist bump for the CHAMPS. WAY TO GO HEELS!!!!!"

And if I'm compiling cuteness, how do I not include my nephew Joseph?  Why does this photo make me feel a little bad for all the hearts he'll be breaking in 18 years?  


Eva was the first one to notice the tag on the bottom of my sweater that shows how I wore it inside-out all day. Well, she was the first one to say aloud that she noticed.


I may never pump gas again!!!! Mwah ahaha.


This kid's awesome coaches, Tupa and Olson, taught him how to pitch and he's loving it. Me: "Luke, I didn't know you liked or wanted to pitch?" Luke: "Duh? Chucking balls at someone's glove? Why wouldn't I love that?" Ahh...9 years of chuckin' stuff he shouldn't was good practice.

Big kids were complaining about having to run the mile in gym again. They both had a time of 9 minutes, 20-some seconds last fall. I said I'd buy ice cream if either of them ran an 8-minute mile. Travis-do-no-physical-activity Hanson pulled it off. Me: "wasn't that so fun running that fast and improving so much? Didn't it feel great?" Travis: "It was terrible. I felt like I was going to die. What's fun about that? Nothing. My only motivation was ice cream."


"Luke, be sure to put your clothes away, including hanging up your shirts."  

Marie got a Marie Kitty in her Easter Basket
Travis finding his Easter Basket.  


All ready for the Oak Grove Gala!



Aimee's not 40.  But we still celebrated her birthday with some gifts.... heh, heh.  We all find each other extremely entertaining.   

My brother and his family stayed at the exact same hotel and ate the exact same, late continental breakfast as we did in Minneapolis on the exact same day.... and we had no idea either were going.  I thought it was one of those weird dreams where I would wake-up and later tell them "Hey! I had a dream that you were in Minneapolis at the same time as us and stayed at the same hotel and...."  

April 26th, 2017
Spring in Fargo:  Be prepared for everything.  


Insert April fool's joke

No comments: