Thursday, September 14, 2017

the rest of summer 2017


Eva was lucky enough to go on a vacation with her friend Kara and her parents Gail and Charlee.  I'm sure she missed us?



Chicago


I guess over-sized aviators are the style?  

We had a 40th birthday trip reunion at Kelly and Jerod's lake place.  We anchored the pontoon, parked our butts in some tubes, and didn't move for 5+ hours.  It was a super-fun day.  


These mini-beers might have had something to do with how fun the day was.  We Hansons were in charge of snack-y food for the day.  So this seemed like a great snack for a bunch of 40-year-olds.  


Host with the most.  "Do I have something on my face?"

Marie didn't have many activities planned this summer. 
So she got creative!


Cousin-Fest 2017!  Halle (6) and Eleano (3) and Ellisyn (11) stayed at the Hanson-hangout this summer.  We had picnics at Buffalo River State park.  



We rode the ferris wheel and, because I must be crazy,  attempted to shop with 7 kids at Scheels.  
They ate.  Often.  Always.  

We got jumpy at Skyzone.  



I'd better document this teen/tween slime obsession because it seems crazy.  Eleanor could relate to this teen idea; After all, its pretty much playdough for big-kids.  


These three slept so nicely in Marie's room.  3 year old, Eleanor, did such a great job keeping up with all the big-kids and just doing everything they did.  That's a long time to be a big-kid when you're 3!!  Halle luckily mentioned a lost tooth to a bigger-kid, or the doors/windows may have been locked and the tooth fairy wouldn't have made it. Speaking of a winged-creature, I sometimes check Halle's back for wings because I'm certain she might be part angel.  


Chris+Darius=True Love at WeFest.  






Our neighbors, Beth and Liv, took Eva to Denver to see Justin Bieber!!!!

I want to say something about Beth because I've shared this with many, maybe even with Beth, and it's such good "gossip" that I want to make sure I've told as many people as possible.  (And about my niece Halle for her to read at some point) 

My New Year's resolution this past year was to be as excited to see people I care about as Halle is.  Halle is as excited as a dog is to see it's owner each time she sees you.  And it's genuine.  She is honestly that joyful to see you. She gives you a heart-felt hug, not just an "I should do this" hug.   To accomplish this goal, I was going to act more like Beth.  Beth is able to make people feel like she has nothing else in the entire world to be doing at that moment other than chat with you.  Even though you absolutely know she has about 5000 things to do as a full-time teacher and busy mom/wife/daughter/etc. But she makes you forget that.  Beth makes you feel important. She is able to be fully present with you in that moment, and she does it equally for everyone.  I failed miserably at this New Year's resolution to start out the year; my niece Ellisyn came over with Nolan and Tracey wearing a t-shirt that told of my baby nephew that would be born in 7 months and I didn't notice for HOURS because I was too busy.  Hoping I got better as the year went on.  


And then Justin Bieber cancelled his tour.  They still have a great time!  And they are still Beliebers.  Not sure Beth is though....  


Hiking is terrible, until it's Beth's idea!

They stayed with Beth's sister-in-law and nephews.  


Luke Hanson needs to be shared among many people that appreciate intense children.  You wonder why I camped so much?  


Because these are the type of things that occurred in my house if we didn't leave it.  Camping is the most affordable way I can think to get Luke and all his crazy ideas out of my house for an extended period of time.  


So I dragged Ginger out for some Mom-camping!  We spent the first night sleeping under a newly-installed street light that the park staff wasn't aware made our campsite have near-daylight conditions throughout the night.  Clearly the skunk that sprayed all around our campsite that night wasn't bothered by the daylight conditions.  
And since Metigoshee State park is close to the Canadian border, we visited the International Peace Gardens.  I can't say it was worth the $30 honestly.  






In another attempt to find something affordable to do, we went fishing with grandpa Gerry! 




Marie and Luke had been fishing with Grandpa earlier this summer and Marie caught this whopper.  


I didn't realize it would be that cold while fishing.  So I borrowed some of Gerry's work-jeans.  And I should maybe set a "take off the hat for pictures" New Year's resolution.  And so I ended up looking exactly like my dad.  

And then Chris must've thought I might run off with a mountain-man after all that camping, so he planned a camping trip for all of us.  Berg and Bog (Eva and Travis, as they call each other) were overheard saying "I thought this trip included a hotel!?!?!"  They were not impressed.




I hung clothes/towels on the line for 3 days; they actually got more wet hanging there.  A wee-bit damp on this camping trip.  




But a beautiful view of the St. Croix between MN and WI at Interstate Park.  



My sleeping partners in the tent.  Marie (above) under my cot.  After the first night's deluge and sleeping in the mini-van, we had wonderful tent sleeping.  




More hiking!!!!!  This one had an echo-canyon payoff where you could shout whatever you wanted and have it echo back to you.  

Berg and Bog could not be talked into more hiking.  But these two were troopers!  Poor Marie.  Remember when she used to be fancy?  I've wrecked her............








........by wearing outfits like this.  




This canoe trip was postponed to the last day because of the weather.  Chris, Luke, Marie and I were in a canoe; Eva and Travis had their own canoes.  We were traveling with the current on the St. Croix, so it was quite peaceful.  



A good game of "I'm going camping and I'm going to bring...."  Apple...M and M's....vice president....I can't remember anymore.  


A picnic on the shore.  


And that brought us to the first week of school.  Travis 7th grade.  


Luke 4th grade.  









I don't craft or pinterest.  But, I do like to bring the kids' teachers plants on the first day of school.  Luke's favorite color is red, so he requested this magnet-pot. After I potted the plant, I realized it looked like an apple for the first day of school.  Most crafty thing I've ever done!




Eva, freshman year, and Chris' first, 1st day of school ever!!!!  He took the day off!  Now, where was he when I was changing diapers and nursing babies and losing Toni and taking photos on the first day of school?  




Marie 2nd grade.  We never have new clothes or new backpacks for the first day of school.  Lame I know.  


Chris and the boys had a fun NDSU-day at a Twins game.  


I looked everywhere for the picture of Bill covered with spaghetti noodles and couldn't find it.  I am 100% certain that my annoying husband did this to Bill.  Sorry.  He's a lot.  

And we ended the summer and the year of the 40th's for the Class of 1995 with Ingrid's pool grand-opening.  

How fun are these hats?  He was clearly much more confident in not dropping me than I was.  



Heading to the spa in Ingrid's convertible!



Great looking couple that threw a great pool party at Quivera Road Yacht Club.  Stay-cations sans kids are my favorite.


No comments: